Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Performs a wide variety of secretarial services for executive. Handles details and assignments of a confidential and complex nature. Handles details and assignments of a routine nature within agreed upon limits using established guidelines and procedures. Relieves executive of administrative duties. Exercises independent judgment and initiative within agreed upon limits.
- Design, create, edit research and analyze various reports, charts and graphs. Communicates results with the Vice President and department direct reports. Interface with corporate departments.
- Handles highly confidential matters. Takes action during executive's absence from office and exercises own initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to the delegated authority or handled effectively.
- Coordinate and develop presentations, create and edit correspondence and other documents. Conducts special projects requiring research and report development. Research may require collection and analysis of data to make recommendations.
- Greets and directs customers and visitors, answers routine questions and directs to appropriate personnel. Maintains confidential files, expense reports, time records. Assimilates data and information from various sources for the department. Check data input for accuracy and corrects errors.
- Identifies computer applications to perform required duties in the most effective manner such as statistical reports, tracking systems, presentations, and word documents.
- Arranges schedules of management staff, make appointments, travel arrangements and meetings.
- Develop and provide training in areas of office expertise. Design and administer office procedures. Evaluate and revise procedures as necessary to improve office efficiency.
- Requires Associates Degree, Professional Secretarial Certification or equivalent and five plus years of experience.
- Requires a broad knowledge of department operations and policies.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphic and database applications.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $23.90 to $33.42 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Spot On Bonus, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
EEO is the Law
| EEO is the Law Supplement
| Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
| Equal Opportunity Policy (PDF)
| Employee Rights (PDF)
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at [email protected]
. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.